Anything to add? Let us know!
- Firstly, make sure you’re following us on Twitter, and join our Facebook group and sign up for our newsletters! 🙂
- Cardiff Start, a network of tech startups sharing information on business, training, and investment. They have a Games Dev section – get your company on there!
- Similarly, it’s worth adding your company to the Made In Creative UK website (see the Logo page for details).
- The Welsh Government’s Digital Development Fund
- The University of Abertay’s Prototype Fund
- S4C Digital Fund
- Creative Skillset Cymru’s Digital Talent Fund, for training up staff in the digital skills you need.
- Creative Europe is a fund that offers match funding of up to €150,000 for project development to companies who have a track record in games development.
- You can apply to the The Tech Training Fund to help pay for training for your staff.
- Remember that as a games developer you can apply to join BAFTA, and that BAFTA Cymru has Student Memberships.
- Creative Skillset, who specialise in helping develop skills and providing training for the creative industries.
- TIGA, the trade association representing the games industry.
- UKIE, the association for UK Interactive Entertainment.
- The Wales Games Development Show, held in Cardiff in June.
- IndyCube offers business addresses, workspaces and meeting rooms in several locations in Cardiff.
Routes to Market
- AppyNation is a NESTA-backed organisation that helps you publish your mobile game but allows you to retain your own IP.